We had some gorgeous weather here in the Pacific Northwest last weekend. Did you feel it? We spent most of the weekend exploring, per usual, but coming home tired and sun-kissed left me with a deep craving for summer. Since I can’t control the weather, I decided to do the next best thing… make guacamole.
For the longest time I thought I didn’t like guacamole. I actually refused to eat anything with avocados at all. It wasn’t until my mom made some homemade guacamole that I fell in love and I’ve been hooked ever since.
I am still pretty picky about my guacamole (I only like my moms recipe and Chipotle’s), but I love it so much that I could eat it by the spoonful.
Now I am in no way a chef or recipe creator; I don’t use measurements and have a hard time creating the same dish twice. I do like to cook though and I really like this guac. So, in the spirit of spring and trying new things, I give you my 3 ingredient guacamole.
3 Ingredient Guacamole
What you need:
3-4 Ripe Avocados
1 Bunch of Cilantro
What to do:
- Cut open all avocados and and remove the pit. You can find some tips on picking and handling avocados here.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash up the avocados in a medium sized bowl.
- Finely chop cilantro and add to bowl. I personally love a lot of cilantro, so you can adjust this to taste.
- Add the juice of 1 lime to the bowl and combine.
- Salt and pepper to taste and your done!
Some bonus advice from the original creator (a.k.a. my mom): “If you want to spice it up a bit, add in some crushed red pepper flakes. No need to get all crazy and cut up a jalapeno.”
See guys! I like to keep it pretty simple. Would you be interested in seeing more simple recipes like this one? Let me know in the comments.
Pin For Later: