1. Mood Therapy
Citrus essential oils are my favorite form of mood boosting aromatherapy. Oils such as grapefruit, wild orange, lemon, and tangerine are incredibly aromatic and great to use in mists, diffusers, and baths. Red mandarin is a great oil to wear topically since is isn’t photosensitive and doesn’t have to be avoided when going in the sun. All of these oils are great when helping to relieve emotional tension and fatigue.
2. Natural Cleaners
If you’re are looking for a cheap way to cut out harsh cleaning chemicals, try making your own all purpose citrus cleaner. Save your orange peels in a jar in fill it with white vinegar. Close the lid and let sit for two weeks. After two weeks, transfer the mixture to a spray bottle and you have yourself a natural All-purpose cleaning spray. I like to add a few drops of melaleuca essential oil for an extra cleansing kick.
3. Digestive Support
Start your day with hot lemon water instead of coffee. First thing when you wake up, squeeze half a lemon into a mug of hot water. I like to add in a spoonful of honey to cut through the tartness.
Lemons are rich in pectin, which is a prebiotic that assists good gut health by feeding health gut bacteria. Lemons also contain large amounts of citric acid which can increase urine output, decrease kidney stones, and aid in digestion.
4. Glowing Skin
Adding citrus to your diet is a great way to support your body for clear, glowing skin. Citrus fruits are rich in Vitamin C, which help destroy free radicals in your body while nourishing your skin from the inside out. Citrus essential oils also provide great cleansing and anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin, making them very beneficial for blemishes and scrapes.
* If you are applying citrus essential oils to your skin, make sure to avoid direct sunlight for up to 12 hours. Red mandarin and green mandarin are citrus oils that are not photosensitive and are a great alternative when going out in the sun.
5. Immune Support
Because citrus fruit are rich in Vitamin C, this makes them a great fighter against outside threats to your immune system. Citrus essential oils, such as lemon and wild orange, have antibacterial, antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which help to boost your immune system.
6. Odor Relief
Citrus essential oils are great for removing odors because of their antibacterial and antiviral properties. Here are a few ideas for odor relief.
1. Put a couple drops of lime essential oil on a cotton ball and place in shoes over night.
2. Place a sheet of newspaper with a few drops of lemon essential oil at the bottom of your trash can to help contain strong odors.
3. Drop some orange essential oil down your drain after washing dishes to eliminate odor.
4. Make your own DIY bathroom spray with citrus essential oils.
5. Diffuse citrus essential oils to freshen the room.
What are some of your favorite ways to use citrus?
Pin For Later:
*These states are for educational purposes only and are not approved by the Food and Drug Association.