This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please check out my disclosure policy for more info.
This moist, spongy zucchini bread is a great way to sneak in extra veggies and is a quick snack or easy breakfast that the whole family will love.
Spiced zucchini bread is my absolute favorite thing to make with zucchini. Actually, it might be the only thing I like to make with it. Zucchini tends to have a taste and texture that I’m not personally fond of, but there is a special kind of sorcery at work when it’s used in bread.
This bread was a HUGE hit in my house and it’s so easy to make. Since this recipe requires two whole zucchinis you get a nice serving of veggies with each slice. And, if you have kids, it’s a great way to sneak in extra vegetables without them knowing.
Tips For Baking The Best Zucchini Bread
- Measure out your zucchini. Since zucchinis can come in different sizes, don’t just shred two zucchinis and add them in. Make sure to measure out 1 1/2 cups.
- Fully cream together your butter and sugars before adding in the other ingredients. You should mix until you get a paste-like consistency.
- Make sure to let it cool completely before slicing. I understand the appeal of warm bread out of the oven, but this bread is soft. It will fall apart and appear undercooked if sliced right away, so make sure to let it cool all the way first.
11/2 cup shredded zucchini (about 2 zucchinis)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cardamom
1/4 tsp allspice
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×5 bread pan or line it with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking soda, and spices.
- In a separate bowl or stand mixer, cream together the melted butter and sugars. Add in the shredded zucchini, eggs, vanilla extract, and sour cream.
- Once all of the wet ingredients are mix together, add in the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan. Bake for 55 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. Let cool completely before removing it from the pan.