*This post may contain affiliate links.
My skin gets dry pretty easily, even here in the Pacific Northwest. To help keep my skin moisturized and exfoliated I like to make simple homemade sugar scrubs that are inspired by the seasons. The combination of clove and orange is the perfect winter scent and it reminds me of the poor man’s pomander. It is so comforting and uplifting and provides immune support, which is just what we need during these deep winter days.
Benefits Of Clove and Orange
- High in antioxidants, which may slow down the production of wrinkles
- Promotes circulation and has anti-inflammatory properties.
- Contains powerful antibacterial properties
- Promotes a healthy immune system
- Scientifically shown to assist against acne
- Purifying and cleansing
- High in antioxidants
- Protects against season threats
Highcontent of citric acid, which aids in skin exfoliation and improving the overall look of skin.
- Contains vitamin C, which helps the body to form collagen and may assist in keeping your skin looking younger and firmer.
- Represents abundance and success. Also represents the suns return during the winter months.
Related: Winter Wellness Remedies
Clove and Orange Sugar Scrub
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 2 tsp ground cloves
- zest of an orange
- 8 drops clove essential oil
- 10 drops wild orange essential oil
Combine sugar, ground cloves, and zest in a medium glass mixing bowl. Add in coconut oil and stir with a rubber spatula until a scrub forms. Add the essential oils and stir until completely combined. Place in a glass jar with a lid and store in a cool, dark place or refrigerate
To use, scoop a small amount into your hand and massage in a circular motion onto your skin. Rinse with water.
What are some of your favorite winter combinations?