This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please check out my disclosure policy for more info.
Melt in your mouth dark chocolate brownies drizzled with homemade salted caramel sauce.
These dark chocolate brownies are so easy to make and this is honestly the BEST brownie recipe ever! Seriously. I’ve always said that I wasn’t a fan of brownies (except Starbucks brownies), but I recently learned that I just don’t like the boxed stuff. These guys, though, they are delicious! They aren’t too cakey or too fudgy, and have this silky texture that is perfect in every way. Top them with homemade salted caramel sauce and you’re in for a real treat!
Tips For Making The Best Brownies
- Make sure to cream the eggs and sugars together until they are airy. This will give your brownies a smooth, light texture.
- Fold in your dry ingredients instead of using an electric mixer. This will help make sure that you don’t overwork your batter and get tough brownies.
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting them, or else they may not hold their shape.
The Best Way To Cut Brownies
Using a large knife, preferably one that is the length of your entire pan of brownies, cut down the center of the brownies in one swift motion, then pull the knife up without dragging it across the brownies. Between each cut, wipe the knife down with a damp paper towel to remove the crumbs so they don’t grab onto the brownie while cutting.
Make one cut down the middle, and then another cut down the middle of each half. Turn and repeat. This will help ensure that you get even-sized squares.
Slice the brownies and store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to three days. You can also store them in the fridge for about a week.
How To Make Salted Caramel Sauce
Making homemade salted caramel sauce can seem intimidating, but its actually quite simple and only recipes four ingredients. The most important part is to have your ingredients ready ahead of time so you can stay by the stove.
This post includes not just the recipe, but tips on making salted caramel sauce and the many ways you can use it.
How To Make The Best Dark Chocolate Brownies
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
10 tbsp unsalted butter
1 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2-3 tbsp salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Make sure you leave enough overhang for easy removal.
- Place butter, chocolate, and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until chocolate is completely melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk together eggs and sugars on high until airy. It should only take a couple of minutes.
- Turn the mixer on low, and slowly pour in the melted chocolate, making sure it isn’t too hot before adding it in. Add in vanilla.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake in the oven for 38-40 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before removing and cutting. Once cooled, use a spoon to drizzle salted caramel sauce over the top of the brownies.