Mixing natural elements into my beauty regimen has become one of my favorite things. Steaming promotes the release of impurities held in the skin and encourages cell regeneration. The heat and humidity also dilate blood vessels, increasing oxygen flow and circulation. Not only does this help keep my pores clean, but it is very relaxing and smells fantastic.
- 1 tbsp dried rose petals/buds
- 1 tbsp dried lavender
- 1 tbsp dried elderflower
- Large Bowl
- 3-4 cups of water
1. Fill a pot or kettle with 3-4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
2. Add the dried flowers and water to a bowl and cover with a lid.
3. Let the mixture steep for 5 minutes. Set the bowl on a towel on a table in front of you. Remove the lid and check that the steam is not too hot. If it is, cover and wait another 5 minutes.
4. Cover your head with a large towel, creating a kind of tent over the bowl. Close your eyes and relax, steaming for 5-10 minutes. (If the steam starts to feel too hot against your skin take a 1-2 minute break and continue.)
5. When you are done, discard water and flowers. Splash face with cool water and pat dry.
*If you would like to learn how to make your own herbal preparations, click here to check out the courses The Herbal Academy
Pin For Later:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.