This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please check out my disclosure policy for more info.
This is the best honey wheat beer bread recipe. It is easy to make in one bowl and uses simple, hearty ingredients to make a quick, slightly sweet bread.
There is something exciting about cooking up a tasty bread that only requires one bowl and minimal ingredients. Plus, this bread doesn’t use any yeast, so no proofing is necessary and it cooks up fast.
The yeast in the beer helps the bread rise while the alcohol evaporates, leaving behind an incredible, rich flavor. Since this is a honey wheat bread, it has a slightly sweet flavor that tastes great served warm spread with butter.
Tips For Making the Best Honey Wheat Beer Bread
- I recommend using a good dark beer for this bread. I used Guinness in this recipe for its smooth, velvety finish. It gave the bread a beautiful color and pairs great with the honey and whole wheat.
- Mix just until everything is combined. You want to keep as much of the carbonation from the beer in the batter, so make sure not to over mix.
How To Store
Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days, or in the fridge for up to 5 days. To freeze, place in a freezer bag in the freezer for up to 3 months. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Honey Wheat Beer Bread Recipe
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup honey
11 oz stout beer
2 tbsp butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prep a 9×5 bread pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt.
- Add in honey and beer and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared bread pan and drizzle melted butter over the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until an inserted knife or toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.