Happy February and welcome to my January reading wrap up!
I feel like it has been a while since I’ve written a book review here. I realized recently, that the idea of writing reviews has been stressing me out, so I’ve been avoiding them altogether, but I would still like to share what I’m reading and recommend my favorites.
- Josh and Hazel’s Guide to Not Dating
- Distant Hours
- The Vine Witch
- My Favorite Half-Night Stand
- Gods of Jade and Shadow
- Dating You, Hating You
- The Friend Zone
- The Tenant
- Me Before You
- Behind Every Lie
Favorite Reads of the Month
- My Favorite Half-Night Stand I read a ton of Christina Lauren’s books this month, and this one was my favorite of them. The story is really cute and I love the dynamic between, not only Mills and Reed but the entire group of friends and their families.
- Gods of Jade and Shadow I absolutely love this one. It is a beautiful and vivid adult fantasy, and the perfect blend of mythology and historical fiction. It takes place in the 1920s Mexico and follows the journey of Casiopea after she frees the Maya god of death, Hun-Kame from imprisonment. He enlists her help restore him to his full form so he can take back his throne. It’s a really fun and addictive read!
- Behind Every Lie This story had me hooked from the very beginning. I thought it was well-paced and I like that was written in a past and present POV. Each one of the characters felt like they had secrets surrounding them, which is what I like to see in a suspense thriller. I haven’t read Christina McDonald’s first novel, but I’ve heard great things about it, and after reading this one I’m excited to pick it up.