This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please check out my disclosure policy for more info.
These lemon poppy seed muffins are super moist, with a bright summery flavor and a nice, subtle crunch from the poppy seeds.
I’m not sure if you’ve heard, but hot weather and I don’t mix very well. Since we’ve been having a bit of a heatwave lately I’ve been on a creative kick when it comes to cooking. Lemon is such a bright, fun flavor and it reminds me of sunshine. I am obsessed with the way these muffins came out and they are so easy to make! Enjoy!
How To Make Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins
1/2c unsalted butter, softened
1c granulated sugar
2 large eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
zest of 2 lemons
1/4c lemon juice
1tbsp poppy seeds
3 tsp baking powder
2c all-purpose flour
1 c sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare a muffin pan by oiling the pan or adding liners.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Mix in eggs, vanilla, lemon zest, and lemon juice, scraping bowl as needed. Add salt, poppy seeds, baking powder, and flour. Mix until fully combined. Finally, add in sour cream and mix until no streaks remain
- Using a larger spoon or cookie scoop, divide the batter between prepared baking cups.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes or until easy to handle. Transfer to a plate or wire rack to cool completely or enjoy warm.
- Store in an airtight container for up to several days.
If you are looking for some extra summery flavor, spread some honey lavender butter over a warmed muffin.
Yields 14 muffins.
Other recipes you might enjoy:
Pin For Later:
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.