This post may contain affiliate links, which means I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you make a purchase. Please check out my disclosure policy for more info.
These fudgy peanut butter brownies have a silky smooth texture with a rich chocolate and peanut butter flavor that just melts in your mouth.
Is there anything better than the rich and salty combination of peanut butter and chocolate? I really don’t think there is. And when you put those two together in a deliciously fudgy brownie, magic happens. I’m serious, these peanut butter brownies are magical, and they beat anything you can make from a box.
Tips For Making The Best Peanut Butter Brownies
- Make sure to cream the eggs and sugars together until they are airy. This will give your brownies a smooth, light texture.
- Let the brownies cool completely before cutting them, or else they may not hold their shape.
- Swirl in the peanut butter while it is still warm and melted for easier distribution.
- Fold in your dry ingredients instead of using an electric mixer. This will help make sure that you don’t overwork your batter and get tough brownies.
The Best Way To Cut Brownies
Using a large knife, preferably one that is the length of your entire pan of brownies, cut down the center of the brownies in one swift motion, then pull the knife up without dragging it across the brownies. Between each cut, wipe the knife down with a damp paper towel to remove the crumbs so they don’t grab onto the brownie while cutting.
Make one cut down the middle, and then another cut down the middle of each half. Turn and repeat. This will help ensure that you get even-sized squares.
Slice the brownies and store them in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to three days. You can also store them in the fridge for about a week.
How To Make Peanut Butter Brownies
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp salt
10 tbsp unsalted butter
3 oz bittersweet chocolate
2 oz milk chocolate
3 tsp vegetable oil
1 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper. Make sure you leave enough overhang for easy removal.
- Place butter, chocolate, and oil in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat in the microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring each time, until chocolate is completely melted.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer with a whisk attachment, whisk together eggs and sugars on high until airy. It should only take a couple of minutes.
- Turn the mixer on low, and slowly pour in the melted chocolate, making sure it isn’t too hot before adding it in. Add in vanilla.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the dry ingredients, careful not to over mix.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat the peanut butter for 30 seconds, or until melted. Mix in the powder sugar until combined.
- Drop spoonfuls of peanut butter onto the brownie batter. Using a knife, gently swirl the peanut butter through the batter, careful not to mix it in.
- Bake in the oven for 38-40 minutes.
- Let the brownies cool completely in the pan before removing and cutting.