This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. The opinions and text are all mine. #Tyson #FreshShortcuts #MealtimeShortcuts #TysonFreshShortcuts
I love making complex meals at home, but some days you just need something easy to throw together, and this three-bean salad along with Tyson® Seasoned Cuts products is perfect for that! What I like most about this three-bean salad is that it has fresh versatile flavors that can be paired with almost anything. We ate it with both the Tyson® Seasoned Cuts Italian Style Chicken Breast and Tyson® Seasoned Cuts Southwest Style Chicken Thighs, and it complemented both cuisines wonderfully. These Tyson® products make it easy with several different fully prepped flavor options that allow dinner to be unique and customized without needing to marinate and season. I was able to make the bean salad in the morning, and then throw the chicken into the skillet at dinner time. By following the directions on the back, I had dinner done in under 30 minutes. Look for Tyson® Seasoned Cuts in the refrigerated meats section of your local Safeway or Albertsons.
Some notes before we get started:
- This three-bean salad tastes best if you let the flavors marinate for 4-8 hours before serving. It’s really easy to throw together in the morning and allow it to sit in the refrigerator throughout the day. You could even make it the night before.
- I used fresh green beans instead of canned, and either will work fine, but I prefer the crispness that fresh green beans add to this dish.
- I also decided to use dried white bean instead of canned, but it’s what I had on hand. If you are using dried, they should be soaked, cooked, and cooled before being added to the salad.
1 lb. fresh green beans
1 15 oz can black beans
1 15 oz can white beans
1/4 c olive oil
2/3 c red wine vinegar
fresh parsley, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Trim and cut fresh green beans and add them to a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons of water. Microwave for 4-5 minutes. Let cool.
2. Mix together green beans, white beans, black beans, and chopped parsley in a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil and red wine vinegar. Add in salt and pepper to taste, then pour over bean mixture. Mix until the beans are coated with the dressing.
4. Refrigerate at least 4 hours before serving.
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious Italian inspired meal, toss a couple of Tyson® Seasoned Cuts Italian Style Chicken Breasts in the pan and pair it with this three-bean salad. You won’t regret it!